If you leave a comment under anonymous please put your name at the end of the message so I know who left the comment. Thanks! Laura

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Goofy weather

We had 2 days of weather over 50 degrees. It was wonderful and I was hopeful spring was just around the corner. But then it is only the end of Jan. and today we are back to 6 degrees with wind chill of -14 and light snow has been falling off and on today. It's supposed to be -8 at 6 am tomorrow. It will be a cold one for waiting up at the bus stop with Jordie. Have I mentioned how much I hate winter?

Update on surgery and insurance issues

Jim's dr. has submitted the appeal and also had another dr. submit his opinion that this surgery is medically necessary. As of right now they have not gotten a response back fromt he insurance company. The surgery is still scheduled for Mon. unless we get a definate no answer from the insurance company.

Monday, January 28, 2008

Insurance Companies are Stupid!

We got a letter from our insurance company on Sat. saying the preapproval for Jim's surgery that's scheduled for Feb. 4 was denied because they didn't deem it medically necessary?????? How does the insurance company know what is and is not medically necessary? So now Jim has to take the paperwork to his dr. today so they can appeal it to the insurance company. It's just a pain. It is medically necessary for him to have this done. The man can hardly walk lately because of the pain. He was off work most of last week because of the pain too. I just hope they can get it approved before it's too late for his surgery to take place next Mon.

Monday, January 21, 2008

Plan Z

Well we are up to plan Z. I'm going to call the lady from Princess tomorrow and decline the interview. I need to call Northwest Airlines to get my trip cancelled. It turns out Jim's surgery is scheduled for the day I was supposed to fly out. I can't very well leave him here and move out there being the only income for the 1 1/2-2 months he will be off of work. So we have decided to just stay here for now and get this house ready to go on the market by March hopefully and then Jordie and I will head out to Washington the end of May or early June. My mom wants to take Jordan to Storybook Island in Rapid City, SD the week after Memorial day when school is out so Jordan and I may just go out there with my mom and leave from there to go out to Washington. We are also looking at the Tri-Cities area of Washington. Which is where I originally was looking at but Jim wanted the Seattle area. My mom talked to him this weekend though and now has him convinced that the Tri-Cities area maybe the best for us. :)
I will start looking for work out there in the next month or so. For the next month and half to two months I will be working all the overtime I can since Jim will be off work and we still have child support and bills to pay. Please pray I have the strength to work alot.

Monday, January 14, 2008

Update on Seattle Job

I haven't posted an update because I was worried about negative comments from someone, but people have been asking so I will update this. I am flying out to Seattle on Feb. 4th, interviewing and taking assessment tests on the 5th and flying back on the 6th. I will know by the 8th if I have the job for sure or not. I will say that I got my plane ticket with money I have raised by working OVERTIME, a bonus I got for a good sales month and Christmas money I had left. I spent NO money out of our general account for this. I will be staying with my sister so I will have no hotel expense while I'm there. I'm pretty confident I will get the job. I'm starting to go through our things and pack some stuff up in boxes. Jordan and I will be driving out but just taking clothes and some of her toys. We'll move everything else out after the house sells. My grandma is getting excited for us to move out there. She's telling everyone she will be watching Ms. Jordan. Which she won't be doing full time but she's excited about us living with her for a while. Jordan is excited to be near her cousin Parker. That's about it for now. Please keep me in your prayers for this job!

Saturday, January 5, 2008

Possible Job

Jim and were talking on Wed. night and decided to start looking for work in Washington. We both want to get out of Nebraska. We are tired of the cold and snow so we decided to concentrate our search on western Washington. I happened to go online to the seattletimes.com Wed. night. There I found a PERFECT job! It's for Princess Cruise Lines (the same cruise line we went on) in their reservation center in Seattle. I would be doing the same thing I do now for Marriott but it would be for cruises instead of hotel rooms. I filled out their online app. I got an email on Thurs. evening with a questionnaire to answer. Then they called me Fri. evening and said they wanted to do a phone interview this Wed.! Wow, this has just moved along so fast. So be praying I pass the phone interview and they want to hire me. Jordan and I would go out the end of Feb. because the training starts the first week of March. We can stay with my grandma in Bremerton until Jim sells this house and we find a place to live. I'm really getting excited about this but don't want to get my hopes up to high yet.

Thursday, January 3, 2008


I went to a 12 hour crop at Archivers on the 29th. It was my Christmas present from Jim and I had gotten a gift card from my mother-in-law for Christmas so I didn't have to spend any money that day. I finished up the year with forty seven 2 page spreads and 29 one page spreads. Not as many as I wanted to get done this year but oh well. Now it's time to start on this year's pages. I'm going to another crop on the 2nd of Feb. This ones only an 8 hour one though. Some day I might get caught up on all my pictures.

Another update on dad

I talked to my sister a little bit ago. They have moved my dad out of ICU and into CCU (Critical Care Unit). He is doing better now. There were some issues with his lungs and deep breathing. That's what happens when you smoke for as long as he has though. My sister Shannon is going to a caregiver class and will be helping dad at home for the next month once he gets home. I won't be going out after all. We really can't afford it now and I would only be able to stay for a few days. Thanks for all your continued prayers.