If you leave a comment under anonymous please put your name at the end of the message so I know who left the comment. Thanks! Laura

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Update

Our most exciting news is Jim is coming out for a visit! He will be here on the 25th and stay for a week. We can't wait to see him. Jordan and I both miss him very much. He's going to do some job searching while he is here too.



Well I took a job at the Holiday Inn Express in Hayden. I'm working in the housekeeping department. The job itself is OK. The people I work with are another story. Everyone is such a gossip there and they all talk about each other and call each other names. It's really discouraging. The pay stinks too. It's only $7/hr and I only get about 6 hours a day. I've applied and interviewed with Walmart in Post Falls. I'm just waiting to get the results back from my drug screening and background check. That job would be for cashiering and would be up to 33 hours a week. They don't have anything full time right now. It's more money though--$8.40/hr. Today I had an interview at my old college--North Idaho College, in their Children's Center for a floater teacher. That pays fantastic! $12-14/hr. I will find out on Fri. if I got that job or not. They had 4 or 5 other interviews to do. The place has changed so much since I was there. They now have 5 different classrooms ages infant-5 years old. I would LOVE to work there.



I gave all the puppies their first shots today and they will be in the paper tomorrow for sale. It will be sad to see them go but it is time. They are 7 1/2 weeks old now but are fully weaned and really love running and playing. I took some pictures of them last night to post on a Yahoo group. Maybe we will get some calls from that too.

Two male puppies

Three dark colored female puppies

Two light colored females



Jordan starts daycare tomorrow. My mom, bless her, sent me some money to get her started with. Jordan is so excited because the lady has 2 horses and a swimming pool! She only has 2 other daycare kids right now but has 4 kids of her own.



I was down to $12 in my checking account and had to borrow my dad's gas card this week for gas. I get paid from Holiday Inn on the 22nd so I can pay dad back. Jordan and I are working at the County Fair next week on Wed. and Thurs. from 9-3 at Dina's booth. Dina is going to pay me $30 a day for that. I figure it's pretty fair trade, she can get us into the fair for free also. Her kids do 4-H and she wanted to watch them during their shows so I told her I would work the booth.

Jordan starts school on the 2nd and is getting excited about that. Her registration is next Thurs. evening. That's about it from this neck of the woods.

2 comments:

Norm and Nancy said...

Wow! You sound like one busy lady! :-) Oh! I will keep my fingers crossed for you on the job at NIC. It ounds like a perfect match for you! Hang in there sweetie.

I love you,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Lucy would have loved them. She mothered Misty's puppies like they were her own, she even tried to nurse them.

Jim