If you leave a comment under anonymous please put your name at the end of the message so I know who left the comment. Thanks! Laura

Sunday, December 23, 2007

Time for an update

I know it's time for an update. A few things have happened in the last week or so.

Tori is Finally Married!
Jim went down to Florida last weekend but the wedding didn't happen. The kids missed their appointment time at the chapel. But they did get married yesterday so just a week later. Jim was upset that he couldn't go back down for it. Tori and Chad now have their own little apartment and Tori is loving the warm Florida weather.

Courtney is Doing Good
I talked to Courtney a few times this last week. She now has a part time job, is still going to North High School and has been accepted to Morningside College in Sioux City for the fall.

Jordan's Brownie Troop Went Caroling

The brownie troop went caroling at one of the local nursing homes. The kids did a pretty good job. I think they were a little overwhelmed at the condition of some of the people.


Jordan Lost a Second Tooth
Jordan lost her second bottom front tooth yesterday. She's really excited about it.

Christmas Cookies and Candies Made
Jordan helped me make Mexican Wedding Cakes, Chocolate Cake Cookies and Chocolate and Vanilla dipped pretzels rings. Jordan loved putting the sprinkles on the prezel rings. Jim loves the Mexican Wedding cakes so this is actually the second batch this season I have made :)

Christmas Eve and Christmas Plans
Tomorrow we are going to church service at 7 pm. Jordan will get to open one present tomorrow. She discovered that I put her present from Grandma Diane under the tree and she has been dying to open it. I have not put our stuff for her out yet because it is going to go in gift bags (because I have no boxes) and I know she will be peaking :) I'm going to make a Chicken Christmas Wreath tomorrow for dinner. I got the recipe in an e-mail. You make it with cresent rolls, chicken and green and red peppers (other ingredients too but I can't remember them off the top of my head). I have a cheese ball and crackers for us to snack on tomorrow. For Christmas dinner I have a ham, that we got from someone at church a month or so ago that I had frozen, scalloped potatoes, green bean casserole, corn and rolls. I alway make monkey bread for breakfast on Christmas day too. It will just be a quite day at home on Christmas. I have tomorrow night off but have to go into work at 11:00 on Christmas night.

That's about it for an update from us. Hope all is well with everyone and you all have a great Christmas!

2 comments:

Ellana said...

Thanks for the update, Laura!!!! Did a tooth fairy come to Jordan? I am glad she is enjoying girls scout! Hope you enjoy your Christmas and get some rest!
Ethan did not start loosing teeth yet. He doesn't know about a tooth fairy yet.
Hope you enjoyed your time with your family!

Norm and Nancy said...

It sounds like a lovely quiet Christmas ! I miss you sweetie and look forward to seeing you in January. Talk to you soon.

love,
Mom